Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Y La Escuela Starts...

Monday, finally! Wow it was an interesting day! I got up early to be able to get to class early enough to do a few things and then went to my assigned class. Imagine about 200 students all standing outside waiting for their assignments. Class didn't get started on time! But my first class has 13 people in it. 7 of them are Korean. In this class we go over grammar like crazy! The cool thing about being an RM is that in the MTC that's all we went over. They told us that as long as we knew the grammar we should be fine and the words would come. So far it's been fun. The teacher seems really nice and cool too. Her name is Gloria. In the second class we go over strictly vocabulary. It's a conversational class. She told us about a few assignments that we'd have to do in regards to communicating with people in Spanish. I'm really excited for this class too because she seems to be a very cool teacher. After class I went to get my student ID and then began calling each of my immediate family. You can't complain if your household did not get to talk to me! I tried! I then had lunch, corn soup and beef. I had a good talk with Gloria's son about WiFi and he said that if I bought a router he would set it up. I then said, because they have a problem with keeping the computer on all the time, that if they do that we could have a rule like every night at 10pm the internet turns off. He said he didn't like that idea and if I bought the router he would set it up to stay on all the time. Wow! That would be so cool! I'd be a huge couch potatoe, but that'd be okay. The rest of the day I spent talking to people and surfing the net. I chatted with Onna for a good while too, which is always nice. I came home and didn't eat dinner. I just wasnt hungry at all! I watched a bit of MIIB (Men in Black 2) in Spanish before lying down for bed. What an exciting day!

P.S. I think all of you have Facebook, that is where I post pictures. If you do not or are having problems finding them, comment here. I will post here if there is a huge need.

No comments: