Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Otra vez, dia two...

Well the second day of school was really good. I got up and wasn’t really that tired, and my throat didn’t hurt either. Good! I went to school, got into my first class, no rush because we got in to our seats yesterday, right? Wrong! A girl stole my seat! I was the first one to class on Monday to ensure my right seat, only to have her steal it! Gosh I gave her a sarcastic comment in Spanish in a joking way, but was serious. I am now in a worse spot, but that’s okay. We went over some good stuff in that class. It was grammar. Like I said yesterday, the MTC teaches well on grammar. It is just review so far. I’m sure as I go up in levels to 6-8 it will get past just review. Then I went on to my next class, conversation. We started that one by listening to a song and we had to write the words down and see how good we could understand it. I got the most on the first try. Good stuff. We then just went through our list of vocabulary for the day. We have about 30 words a day to know. They are pretty simple though. So far. After class I rushed over to the library and started it up to chat with Onna for a second. We then crammed in a car to go to downtown Guadalajara. It was good stuff. We went to the museum first and walked around there. It was an ex-orphanage and it was huge! It would have been such a nice orphanage! There were paintings there from Jose Clemente Orozco too. He’s a good artist. After that we came back and I stopped at 7 Eleven to get a hot dog and then I went to school to get on the internet. I just chatted with my parents, Onna, and Kyle. I also made huge advances on a project I am doing. I did my homework too. I walked home, stopped to chat with the guy at the taco and hamburger place. Every night I’ve walked by I’ve thought he was packing up, but instead he was setting up! He is open from 8:30ish to 1am. Wow! I didn’t know he’d get business that late! The hamburgers are 25 pesos and the tacos are 5 pesos. I can see myself getting a taco on my way home. That would be like 40 cents every day or so. I already eat that late anyways, so this would be just as easy. At least once I’ll try him. I then finished my Cheetos for dinner and spoke to Gloria’s son. Tomorrow I am going to buy the router and during lunch time we are going to set it up! I am pretty excited and hoping that it works. Fun stuff!

No comments: