Monday, January 12, 2009

The Reposo Day

Well finally it came. Sunday. The day to go to church. I got up so groggy in the morning. I have had the worst sore throat, but it leaves after I begin talking and getting ready. I got up, got ready, and hopped on the 632 to take me to the church. It was so nice, I was pulling up and got off the bus and walked the short distance to the church. I saw the missionaries and was so excited, cool, someone to talk to. They were so dumb. They didn't say a word to me. I went up and talked to them and they gave as short of an answer as possible. So much for me ever going out with them later. The chapel was tiled floors, no bigger than Hartsville's, the seats were all individual. The stand had only one row, however. After Sacrament no one came to talk to me. I felt like such an outcast. People would look, but they wouldn't talk. Finally a counsellor in the High Priests came up and talked to me, he introduced me to the right people. I met the Bishop and he seemed nice, but busy. He gave me his card and told me to call if I needed anything. I went in with the YSA during Gospel Doctrine. It was okay. The teacher did a good job teaching. Then I went to Elder's Quorum. It was a full room. After church I chatted with the Exec. Secy about my records. We'll see if they ever arrive. Ironically enough, he also has red hair. Afterwards I rushed home and had Cheetos, cookies, and water for lunch. How nice! We then went to Tlequepaque to tour. It was just a huge market where most of the stuff is made right there. Cheap prices too. If it wasn't Sunday, I would have purchased. Then all the others wanted to go to lunch, so we went. They ate, I got a Coke. It was good times. Fun talking Spanish to everyone. Finally we got back around 6pm and I rushed to the school, but, alas, it was closed. It was going to be my first day without internet, or talking. How sad! I got home and ate my dinner, more Cheetos, cookies, and a muffin. How good. Gloria eventually got home and I asked her if I could get online, she allowed, and I surfed for a few minutes. It wasn't a good connection, but I did chat with Onna for a little bit. Afterwards I laid in bed, watched the Office, and went to bed, ready for school the next day! Man am I excited!

No comments: