Sunday, January 18, 2009

Stinky Sabado

Well Saturday may have been one of the worst days yet. There is so much free time! It’s crazy! I woke up at 9, amidst my futile attempts to sleep in. I guess that is sleeping in, just not like I had thought. I mulled around until about 12 I packed up my clothes and headed off to the Laundromat. For my two loads of laundry in the washer, and one in the dryer, soap included, it was $89 or about 7 USD. Pretty expensive, huh? I didn’t realize it was seven dollars until I just typed it. Wow. While I was waiting I found WiFi that would work on my iTouch but my laptop would not pick it up. Oh well. Anyways, after laundry I came home and just sat outside on the porch and worked on the computer, nothing too special. I then got the idea, hey, I’m gonna go to a movie. I looked at the schedules, picked a 4:55 showing of Lakeview Terrace with Samuel L. Jackson. I got on the bus at 4:20 to make it there on time. The maid told me to take the 632 so I boarded and was primed to get there on time. My watch then said 4:45 and I was worried, well I remember very clearly that the theater is next to Wal Mart. I never remember taking the turn to get there and we just kept going straight. At about 5:30 I texted Jill and she led me to another bus, the R-3. Well I rode that bus through the smallest little streets in tiny little neighborhoods. I thought we were going to hit the buildings! Well suddenly the bus stops, it’s now 6:15. I look around and notice I’m the last one on the bus. What happened? I took the wrong bus! Oh gosh. Well after the 20 minute hiatus of the bus I got back on and eventually Jill said she would come pick me up. It was now 7:30 when she got to me, then 8:30 by the time I got home. I was so lost and confused. Felt bad because Jill had to come get me. I felt so lonely. I couldn’t speak Spanish or express myself and I just felt so terrible. It made me realize how alone again I was here. After I got home I just chatted with Dad and Onna. Tomorrow is church, and Sunday. I hope things go well. This blog leaves out many of the details that went on yesterday, but hope you understand my lack of desire to write about how lost I was, or that I was an HOUR out of town!

2 comments:

JennyJenJen said...

Karl - Ask Amy about the time she got lost in Portland. She knows your pain. I think its not easy getting around in Mexico - there are SO many buses and many different nooks. You will be fine - look to the future - your life is good.

Amy said...

I feel your pain Karl- I hate not knowing where I am. Thanks Jen, for reminding me about that horrible drive-lol.