Thursday, January 15, 2009

Muy Short

School continues to be good. Today it was much harder to concentrate in school. Still fun though. We played SceneIt and we split up into teams and the girl they partnered me with knew all the answers so pretty much all I did was roll the dice and get a good number. It was funny. On break there was this girl I started talking to. She is from Idaho so I figured she might be Mormon. I asked her what part she was from and she told me that she was from the neck part, so I figured she wasn’t Mormon since a lot of the areas up there aren’t as populated as down south. She then went on talking about the jack-Mormons at her school and how fun they were. The Koreans then walked up and asked if she was Mormon and she replied with a strong, “Heck no!” I just smirked. How awkward it would have been for her if I told her I was at that moment. I kept it to myself. She went on and on about how they were growing all out from Utah and how they are everywhere and it’s crazy that they are taking over (by growing everywhere)! After class I went to an electronics store and bought a router. We hooked it right up and I now get signal in my room. The signal is very weak though. In fact, if I am on Skype or something that is ALL I can do as far as internet goes. Video messes up too. I might have to also buy an antenna amplifier. That would make it good, but the son here mentioned he might purchase it from me at the end of the semester, so instead of me taking it home he would just buy it. If he gave me 75% of what I paid for the router and if I buy an amplifier I would sell easily. I’d have to talk to him first. After we got it set up I just stayed in and surfed the net. At night the signal got weaker than in the day. At one point I lost the entire signal during a convo with Onna and I couldn’t find it anywhere. I had no thought to check the router, so I ran (ran!) to the school so it could be worked out. When I came home I checked the router out and it had been turned off (the surge protector). I flipped the switch and things were fine for a while. It was turned off again around 11:30 and I didn’t bother with it then and just went to bed. Good times.

No comments: