Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Martes 20

Inauguration day! How exciting! The person I live with is a huge Obama fan and thinks he is the Savior of the world. Of course she believes in Jesus Christ, but she thinks Obama might actually solve everything. We can only hope, I guess. I was in class during the speech, but watched it later on YouTube. It was alright I guess. I expected something more charismatic, but this will have to do. Immediately after school Jill, Abby, and I went downtown to see about getting discounted bus tickets. We found out while down there that foreign students can't get them, only "real" students. That's alright I guess. The coolest thing was that I found another job the government has. It pays someone to stand outside and watch your car so no one steals it. This would obviously be the bottom of the barrel, but at least the person has a job! Also, this same person will wash your car while you walk and do your errands if you want. You pay for that, but it's very convenient. We headed back home and decided that we would go do some fun things over the next few months. We're gonna go check out this place that's called Mariposas (butterflies) and here all the butterflies migrate to. They are there now. Jill said it was very noisy but gorgeous! I'm excited for that. We're gonna go to a Chivas soccer game too! That will be really fun! Just exciting stuff. I got home, ate lunch, and went and did my homework. It was good times, the homework isn't too hard. The teachers think they are giving a lot when they give 3 fill in the blank hand outs and write 10 sentences. It took me 30 minutes. Oh well. I continue to watch the Office! It's so funny! While we were in class a student came in and asked us to sign up for Futbol. So of course I did and we play Monday and Wednesday at 4pm. I'll probably go once a week and to the gym another 3 days in a week. Exciting stuff! I spoke to my family and Onna and then went out for some tacos. Boy was I disappointed! I went to the gas station and bought some hamburgers. They tasted good with the Heinz Ketchup I put on them, but 20 minutes later I was NOT doing well! I went to bed all sick, yuck!

No comments: