Monday, January 19, 2009

Super Domingo

I got up, went to get breakfast, the door was still locked. Great. I'm starving because I didn't have dinner last night. Oh well. I go to church, it was a nice site. It was stake conference. It was one of those that a bunch of stakes are involved in. This one had 47 stakes listening. It was presided by President Monson. Boyd K. Packer was there too, and Sylvia H. Allred from the RS. It was such a good conference. It was in Spanish, of course. I was excited because I know Pres. Monson can't speak Spanish so maybe he'd do it in English and pause while it's translated. Nope! All I heard in English was "My dear Brothers and Sisters..." my heart excited during this sentence that I would hear it in English, but my hopes were dashed as a dubbed voice took over. Darn. While in there I noticed someone. He looked like a guy from my mission. After conference I ran over to him and asked which mission he served in, yup, Colorado Denver North. We served in the same areas. His name was Elder Rodriguez. He was so excited to see me, even though we had never spoke in the mission, just heard about the other. It was so fun! He took me around and introduced me to all these people. While we were chatting after conference (which btw no one left, everyone just stood in the parking lot for about an hour afterwards!) my Bishop walked up, Hey Carlos, he said. I asked if I could talk to him for a moment and I followed him to his office. I told him that I wanted to serve. I was willing to hold a calling. He told me he was looking for people and that they would pray about me on Tuesday and he would probably call later in the week to set up an interview for a calling! How exciting. Rodriguez drove me home after showing me a few sites and we made plans to go to the movies on Wednesday and the temple on Thursday. How exciting! A friend, and maybe a calling! I get home starving and went to the doors and they were still locked! Darn. So I sat my butt down, ate my fried chicken I bought last night and watched the NFC playoff game. What a great game! The Cardinals won! They are going to the Super Bowl! They haven't been to the Super Bowl in over 70 years! So I watched that, did some homework, and then chatted with my parents and Onna. Such a great day! I got the thought during stake conference that maybe my being here is due to a calling and this calling could help me prepare for a future one in Hartsville. I watched some Office, read a little, and went to bed.

No comments: