Sunday, June 29, 2008

Good times--once again.

Well it's been a while and life has been equally crazy! Last week my work schedule was crazier than it had ever been previously at work! On Monday my boss gave me a special assignment that was ultra boring, but that's okay because it gave me plenty of time to think. It was seriously just as bad as watching paint dry though. Oh well, I make good money. My boss then gave me two more projects to finish before the end of the week because she was going out of town. Realistically speaking it would have been very impossible to finish even one of these projects, but I continued to work hard, I never took a break, I took 15 minute lunches and just worked my tail off. It was definetly not too desireable. The last two days of my work week I was at work until 5:30 and then the next night 6:45 to finish my projects. I worked a full week in only four days. I was DEAD tired at the end of the day on Thursday, but I got to do my FAVORITE thing ever. After my 6:45 day on Thursday I went to play soccer with some old friends. Now this is a pretty substantial thing. I hadn't played soccer competitvely in over two years and I could finally do it. It was so cool to lace up my old cleats and regain some control on the ball. It was ugly at first and we lost and lost due to some of my mistakes, but towards the end my command returned and it felt so good. All the stress caused by work and not being able to finish all my projects left me. I really do love soccer. I hadn't felt so satisfied in a long time and boy was it good. On Friday I woke up early and drove to Florence to board a plane to return to the homeland--Arizona. On the first plane ride to Atlanta my neighbor on the plane was sleeping and preferred that the arm rest stayed up (so he could take over a third of my seat!) I was hoping for some relief on the second plane ride but they placed me in the middle of two people! Ugh! My neck was very sore as I discovered that it is pretty hard and hurtful to sleep sitting up. It was so nice to return to the Valley. The first thing I did was go to the temple--that place is so amazing! I think it is highly underrated! After the temple I went to the vistors center to watch the Joseph Smith movie. I love that movie. So up to this point it was a pretty spiritual day. I loved it! After seeing Amy and the kids I went back out to see my cousin Scott. We met at Filiberto's and then ate at his house. It was amazing food, but not the best stuff to have before a blind date! Speaking of the blind date, as I was driving to her house and turning into her neighborhood something crazy happened. The gas ran out! Picture this--literally less than a block from her house and I run out of gas! She thought it was funny that we pushed the truck to her house for the first time we met, but all is well. On Saturday we went to lunch as a family and then I hung out with the kids before going out for the night. We ate at PF Changs and then saw Kung Fu Panda. Good movie--very hilarious! Today was any normal Sunday. I went to see my Mission President's homecoming talk. It was so nice to see him today. It just made me miss my mission so much. I miss the good times. I just sat there reminiscing the good (and bad) times of my mission--and that, in fact, was good times.

1 comment:

Lyric said...

hahaha i love that you ran out of gas the first time you went on a date with her! thats so funny you must have planned it. very suave!