Saturday, June 14, 2008

Crazy Weekend in Charleston

We had a good weekend in Charleston. On Friday I went out to lunch with Karen, an old friend, and we just talked and talked. It was so nice to be able to chat with her again about old times and what has gone on in the last two years. After that I went to search for a Father's Day gift for my dad and I realized that he was just the hardest person to shop for. For those who don't know my dad, he has the best of EVERYTHING! Karen was making nice suggestions, but they were in vain due to the things my father already has. She suggested everything from books (he uses I-Tunes) to movies (he uses Netflix) to speakers (he has a Bose system). I finally decided what I was going to get him, but have since changed my mind. It so difficult to shop for him! I then went to wait for my train starting at 5:30, when it was originally supposed to take off. The train finally left the station at 7:15. It was interesting to ride a train--it was my first time. It's so shaky! When I arrived in Charleston I had my greeting crew there and we all acted like it had been years since we had last seen eachother. I was showered with hugs and "Welcome home" chants. I'm glad my family are such goofballs like me! We went mini golfing that night and I just stunk it up. The truth is that I was prideful. I finished near the bottom. Saturday was fun, just really hot. We shopped--A LOT. I was pretty tired from doing so much shopping and so little buying. My dad asked why I hadn't bought much and I told him that it was because this week alone had been very expensive for me. I paid my cell phone, bought a plane ticket, paid my insurance, bought my contacts, and filled up my gas tank. The joys of being home... I got a call today to ask if I could teach the Gospel Doctrine class at church tomorrow. I accepted because it was the right thing to do. On the way home from Charleston I slept. When we got home I took care of the dogs (cleaned up their poop) and have just been lazing around. Life is
good.

4 comments:

Princess Mommy said...

Cus!!! I found your blog!! Welcome to the blogging world! Cant wait to see you at the reunion!

Lyric said...

thats funny jasmine called you "cus"...

glad you are blogging!

Unknown said...

Karl! you have now opened yourself up to all sorts of stalkers and comments on your life!

Jackie said...

Add me to the list of stalkers!