Sunday, February 8, 2009

Miercoles 4 - Sabado 7

Miercoles 4
Today was an okay day. Less running than yesterday! I went to school first and we had that test on my grammar class, but I think I did okay on it. I was done in about 20 minutes, so that’s good. I just got my laptop out and began doing things. I’ve been doing a little bit of wedding planning, just designing the invitations and stuff. That’s been fun. It’s tedious at times, but fun still. I went to soccer today. It’s been a while since I went, but I went today and there were a lot less people there this time. I was able to play right away and got on a team full of Mexicans so we won a lot. I was the goalie, lucky me, right? I barely broke a sweat there, but it was still nice to play. After soccer I did a little bit of studying and watched the Office. I went on a walk tonight too. I didn’t know where I was going, but I just left. I ended up going to Burger King and ate my dinner and read there. It was a nice spot to chill. I came back about an hour later and just hung out in my room. I think I watched the Bourne Supremecy tonight, but not the whole thing. I was beat!
Jueves 5
Today seemed like a Friday again. Probably because I don’t have school tomorrow. I got up and put some final touches on the PowerPoint I made of “My Life” to share with the class in conversation. In my grammar class we got our tests back and I got a 99.5! I knew I did okay on it! We reviewed for the test we have tomorrow that I was going to take after school because tomorrow we are going to Michocan. In my conversation class we all took our oral finals and I got a 100 on that. Afterwards I gave my presentation and the class seemed to enjoy it, as easy of a topic that it was. I had a slide on Coker, my mission, Sonoco, and Onna, in addition to others. The class was so surprised that I was getting married at such a young age. I still have a lot to figure out about the world I guess. At least that’s what they say. Oh well, I’ll do it with Onna! Tonight I just packed and watched the Bourne Supremecy, it was on again. I’m never going to see the full thing. I stayed up late so tomorrow I could sleep all the way to Michocan.
Viernes 6
Well, I got up at 5:30 to leave at 6, to meet Jill and Abby at 6:30. Wow it was early! And I was tired. I’m pretty sick of taking cold showers. I get about 2 minutes of good nice warm showers, so I guess that’s good. I can save water when I get back to the states! I waited for 15 minutes until 6:45 for the car to arrive, but that’s normal Mexican Standard Time, so I was actually early. We got to the bus station and got on our way. They gave us these ham and cheese sandwiches that were so so good! The little joys in life. We then got to Michocan after the 3 hour bus ride and hopped on another to get to our final destination. When we got to the hotel it seemed to be nice. I had a tv, my own bathroom, and the bed was so comfortable! The people were really nice, too. We left right away to go to the island. The island, I would think, would be filled with wealthy people who could afford to have boats, ect. I was wrong. The island was so poor. They did have a cool Statue of Liberty looking thing. We climbed up that, which was kinda scary as you got higher because the space to walk was getting skinnier and skinnier. Oh well. I’m alive. I found a cool few things there and then we headed back to the hotel and rested for an hour before going out for the night. We ate at this place that seemed pretty good. I had enchiladas. We went shoe shopping that night, how fun, and then we came in. I just watched TV and chatted with Onna. What a good time.
Sabado 7
Wow! Today was a long day! I got up at 8:30 and hopped in the shower. It was hot for a few seconds before going ice cold. I was so upset. I went up to breakfast and Jill said her shower had plenty of hot water, so I just went and took a shower in hers. Yes it was scalding, but it was good. We left around 10 to make the “1.5 hour” drive to see the butterflies. We arrived at 1. Little longer, no? We started heading up the mountain. It was such a long hike. I didn’t expect that. It took about 1.5-2 hours to hike up, but we stopped along the way to take pictures, but I was highly disappointed for a good while. I imagined butterflies flying all around you and all I was seeing was a few if I looked good enough. Nevertheless, I continued hiking. We finally came to this open area where we saw hundreds of butterflies. This is more what I had imagined. They told us to continue hiking up to see more. I didn’t believe them. Well, I was wrong. As we continued hiking, thousands of butterflies were flying all around us. The pictures I got were just magnificient. I got a few videos to show the majesty of it all. All the butterflies in Canada and the United States fly down here to deal with the winter. It’s such a majestic show! It took 30 minutes to hike down and then we stopped at the stores and bought stuff before heading on our way. I just went to sleep, but my goodness, there are some big speed bumps in this place! I felt bad for the guy, but he hit so many of them with the bottom of his car. I was just waiting for a pipe to break or whatever. Luckily it didn’t and I went to sleep. I woke up around 7 and we had pulled off the freeway to look for a place to eat. Finally, seriously, finally over an hour later we pulled into this place that the old man knew about and we ate there. It was good food, but man it seemed like he ordered so much. The final total was only about $30, so that wasn’t bad at all. During the whole dinner convo I’m just wanting to get back, Jill too. He made a joke (that wasn’t a joke to him) about how he’s not a talker. Well we were at the restaurant for quite some time! And after dinner we got on the freeway and then he said we had to get ice cream, so we went to get ice cream. It was okay. He was a nice man, I just wanted to get home, but he was just being nice. We finally got home around 11 and I wanted to clean off quick, so I jumped in the shower, cold. The lady turned on the water heater so I could take a shower and I wanted to wait so it could heat up, but Jill and the lady insisted so I got in. It was nice for about two minutes before going ice cold. It was nice while it lasted, though. I just watched Spiderman 2 and then went to bed. What a long day!






No comments: