Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Lo Siento

Sorry it's been so long. Last week I was busy keeping in a secret that only Onna and my dad knew. I went through my normal days with soccer and yoga and finally on Friday at 6:30am I took off to fly home for the weekend. Onna and I had worked something out less than a week ago to allow this to happen. It was so nice being able to see her again. It had only been a month, but nice, nonetheless. I drove back home in her car and we went to Fuji's, a Japanese restaurant in Hartsville. SO GOOD! After Fuji's I went to Onna's to see the kids. I had missed them too. We played with them by putting marbles down their shirts. Ethan enjoyed it a little more than Christian! After they went down for bed, Onna and I watched movie trailers for the next day (we were going to see a movie) and then before too long the night was over and I drove the truck home. On Saturday I got up and got ready to go. We went to Lawton Park and took pictures (most of which can be found on Facebook). It was so fun to take family pictures and see the place where we'll have our reception. It still feels like so far away though! We are still over 150 days (thanks Eden!). We went to McDonalds for lunch and then put the kids down for a nap before heading off to Florence. We saw the movie Taken. It was such a good movie. It was the second time I had seen it. I saw it a few weeks ago in my class in school. It is already on DVD (legal) in Mexico, but just barely hit theaters in the US. I wonder why. We went to one of my faves, Five Guys. The food took longer than normal to arrive, 20 minutes, and we ate quickly and raced home to surprise my mom and sister of my arrival. Onna dropped me off down the street and went inside my house. I putzed around for a few minutes before entering the house to shocked faces. Did I get a hello? NO! I got a "what are you doing here?!" Oh well, I'll take it. Gracen was happy to see me! I know the other two were too, she just ran up and hugged me! We played Settlers and to no one's surprise, Onna won. She has the best beginners luck of anyone I know! We then played Uno Flash and I won two hands on that before calling it a night. I was SO tired! Sunday was another great day. I got to church a bit early and my dad went and told Will to turn around. He was ecstatic to see me. It was nice to see him too. He's such a great friend. Onna and I sat by her parents because I felt like it was too early to start a bench dual in Hartsville. We'll wait until I'm back from Mexico for that. After church there was a luncheon for Will and then I raced home, packed, and Onna and I were off to Charlotte. We got lost on the way and only got to the airport an hour early, but I got through security and still had over 45 minutes to wait. It was hard leaving, but it all will work out. I almost missed my connecting flight in Houston. I went to McDonalds when they called for boarding and it wasn't taking card, so I went to Schlotzky's Deli and they ran out of bread. I heard my name on the intercom and ran to my plane before they took off. They were suppsoed to leave the gate at 8:55, but we were off the ground at 8:53, they pulled away from the gate about 20 minutes early! I fell asleep on this one. When we got to Guadalajara I raced through customs and was fearful they would search my bag and steal my Mountain Dew, but sure enough, I was searched, but both 12-packs are still in tact! I took a taxi home from the airport. It is nice to be back on the normal schedule, but hard at the same time. Monday I spent most of my time working on a tourism project to encourage people to visit Hartsville. Pretty hard! I used the BlueGrass festival as a selling point and we listened to some music in class on Tuesday. This weekend we go to Mexico City and will see some pyramids!

1 comment:

JennyJenJen said...

YOU DID NOT WIN UNO ATTACK... YOU HAVE REMEMBERED INCORRECTLY!