Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Hace mucho!

Well last week seemed to be a blur. Probably because we only had three days of school. Last week I just went on with my normal schedule. I caught completely up with the Office and am now having Office withdrawals because I have to wait for the new episodes. I have curbed that a little by watching my Seinfeld seasons 1-3, but even then, it's not the same! I didn't go to yoga this last week and today I have it again, so I'll probably be sore. Oh well. On Thursday I got up really early and got on a bus to go to Mexico City. What a long journey!! Luckily, and unplanned, I slept the WHOLE way. How nice was that?! The whole 7 hour trip. I did wake up twice and watch an episode of the Office before falling back asleep. On Thursday we arrived, checked in to the hotel, and went downtown touring. There were so many people! We were able to see dug up pyramids that were in shambles and cool stuff like that. We saw the largest church in Mexico, of course Catholic, too. It is so odd to me, and often gruesome, how the crucifix is portrayed. I am in full agreement that Christ died on the cross, but do I have to relive that gruesome scene all the time?! We went to a old church on Saturday and it had paintings up, dried blood on them, dead body with blood stained sheets. It was just gruesome, I walked out. I couldn't stand it! On Friday we were able to go to the archeological museum. That was well worth it. A lot of cool stuff from the Aztecs and the Mayans. We also saw some people "flying" from a pole. I have posted a video. On Saturday we went to see the temple, which was simply amazing, and then we went to see the pyramids of the Sun and of the Moon, which were likewise amazing. I have posted a video of those, too. As always, pictures are on Facebook in the Mexico 4 album. On Saturday as we drove home I didn't sleep nearly as much. I read my book and watched the Office. It was nice to be home. I hated the 7-8 hour bus ride! On Sunday I went to church, sick, but went, and then studied all afternoon while chatting with family. On Monday I didn't do too much, just watched Seinfeld before studying and chatting online. Tomorrow is Mexican Flag Day. I never understood the meaning of flag day, but what do I know??



SO SORRY IT'S SIDEWAYS!!

1 comment:

Lyric said...

aww im worried about having office withdrawals too. we watched all four seasons in like a month, then we got to the fifth and now we are suddenly really busy...so we have had to put them on hold...how i miss michael scott!