Friday, August 22, 2008

Work, School, and Sleep

It has been an interesting week. I haven't had much time for free time, but I decided to treat myself tonight to some personal "Karl time" and boy has it been beautiful. I haven't done a thing, but this week has been crazy and I feel like I deserve it. Monday started my schedule from below. I got up and went to work for a full 8-hour day and then raced to school for my 5:30 class. I was unsure about my teacher, but he didn't show until 5:29, so I waited there for about 15 minutes. Thursday was better. I walked in about 30 seconds before him. My classes are a lot of fun. My first class is Spanish. I love this class! It is a writing class and it will help refine my Spanish skills. I can speak fluently, but I sometiems struggle to include accents. We did the whole class in Spanish and it made me so happy. I understood everything! My classmates--similar to those in the mission--look at me with shock or amazement that a white red-head can speak Spanish so well. I love getting that look, actually. The teacher suggested I start looking at Study Abroad programs. I will need to do a total of 16 weeks of study in another country to graduate with my Spanish major. My next class is Social Problems. This class seems like it's going to be very interesting. The teacher reminds me of Jimmy Cooper (photo right). They look very similar! He seems pasisonate, unfortunetly his class is from 8-10:30 and by then I am pretty tired. We watched two movies this week. One was about sweatshops and how Wal-Mart and Disney pay only 14 to 17 cents to their workers in Bangledesh. The way I see it, those workers wouldn't have jobs without these corporations. Albeit little, it is more than they would have. Agreed? I got my new computer this week. That's exciting. It is an Inspiron 1525 from HP. I like it. Work is going well. I am excited to go to Denver this next Thursday. I'll post the results of my race victory late next Saturday.

No comments: